2007.12.31 2007 - The Year in Review
Despite this being my third blog post in one day (and you thinking I might have nothing better to do on New Year's Eve), I wanted to take a look back at the best entries of the year, by month. Limiting myself to just one post per month is tough in some cases, so I've slightly cheated:
- January - In Memory of Mr. Cup Noodle - This started a little spree of mine of writing haikus on this blog. I've probably had more Cup Noodles in the past year than the previous 5 combined. No correlation.
- February - American Idol Delusion - I feel like I've wanted to talk about that one ever since I saw the show the first time. Yes, much to my male coworkers' embarrassment (and a little to mine), I watch it still and look forward to the new season.
- March - Give 'em a Call - A new guy start at work and in his first few days somebody warned him of this quality/tendency of mine… months after I blogged about it. Go figure.
- April - Picky Eaters - Continues to be one of the most perplexing things to me. I think I fairly categorized them though, which is pretty good after all this time.
- May - Mousecapades - Had I known how much this would impact/bother me later in the year, I might have moved then. I still really like our home. Despite being born this month, she doesn't really get blogged about until late July.
- June - Superstitions - My only entry for this month. I was busy because I was almost….
- July - Done with School - A horrible post to have to actually read, but a significant thing for me to accomplish.
- August - Site Revamp… Again - Mainly due to my upgrade to Movable Type 4, and also because I was bored with how it was before. Too bad I never really finished all the stuff on these lists, but I made significant progress.
- September - Recipe Collection Revamp - This took a bunch of work on my part to get this up and going. Similar to the mice, had I known what would happen the next month, I wouldn't have spent as much time on it. Oh well.
- October - G2 20071012 - Just a finishing piece to various musical adventures this year. This double disc compilation for Maria turned out to be quite a success - better than the previous G2 this year.
- November - Unique to the Taker - I had a number of <a href="http://longboredsurfer.com/blog/2007/10/new_forms_of_interaction.php>of more thoughtful (as opposed to humorous or mocking) pieces this year, and this was probably one of my weirdest to most of you. I've thought about this post since I wrote it, and I now see a small flaw in my theory. Oh well.
- December - Ouch - An instant classic for me. Looking at the colors I provided, it's little wonder to me why make-up colors are what they are… if people want to look bruised and battered. Go figure.
Although I'd love to go through and pick the best pictures of the year and best events, I'm going to be honest here – I know most of you don't care. Thanks for making 2007 what it was. Here's to 2008 being even better, both as a dinky blog/site as well as for each of us personally.