February 2009 Archives
February 10, 2009
I'm a bit overdue on posting about the girls. This time, I'll just focus on Becky.
- Becky is always busy. She's non-stop action as she runs around doing various things. It could be pushing her shopping cart, playing with a baby (and bottle), using the cash register, carrying purses, speaking gibberish, or all of the above… at the same time.
- Becky initiated a high-five the other day, for what I believe to be the first time. She was a little wired, and was running around showing us how she can kick. After demonstrating that ability, she stuck out her hand (palm down) and asked for a “fi.” Close enough for baby talk.
- Becky continues to be all about purses, shoes, babies, shopping – I think she's ready to be a teenager, except she's not a brat, and I have no desires to drop-kick her.
- Becky is talking more and more. She doesn't make much sense usually, but she makes more and more intentional sounds/words as the days go by. My favorite thing to get her to say is “HIYA!” My next goal is to teach her to say “Go Spurs!”, ”Manuuu!” or "Toro, Toro, Torres!” (if I'm in a soccer/football mood).
- Becky got her hair cut to a slightly paige boy style. This was a while ago, but I haven't posted pictures of her for even longer. I snapped the shots above earlier today.
- Becky remains the master of destruction, yet she likes to put things away, throw things away, put things in the sink, the toilet, or various other places.
- She loves to dance to A-Punk (which she calls "Aye Aye") and some other songs. This goes well with her dancing, or simple hand motions she'll do to Skidamarink, or wearing a blanket over her head (which she finds humorous).
I think she's wonderful. Her energy and happiness are infectious, if she takes the time to finally open up to you. Too bad they can't stay like that forever. :)