2007.07.02 5 Things - Listmania
I was (not super officially) tagged by Shelby to do the latest list thing. I'm happy to oblige, since I've never truly been tagged for one of these things but have been secretly wanting to do one. I modified the list back to the original requirement of 5 items and added the question she chose to exclude (plus added a new one of my own creation). Nothing here is listed in any particular order.
What was I doing 10 years ago?
- Working as a fix-it guy at a hotel, cracking up at one of the workers colorful description of his disgust with Mike Tyson's ear-biting escapade against Evander Holyfield.
What was I doing one year ago?
- Unhappily working at a company for a temporary manager I loved, looking to purchase a home out in the middle of nowhere (which we never did, and I think we're happy we didn't buy one there, since I changed jobs and would have horrendously impacted my commute), and getting excited for a trip to Newport Beach then another to Kauai.
Five snacks I enjoy:
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Mother's Animal Cookies (the pink and white ones—you know you love 'em too
- A sliced cucumber with lemon juice and salt, preferably in a plastic bag (it's been a while, but it's super tasty
- Cheez-it's… I'm liking the Hot & Spicy ones right now
- Diet Coke – I feel like a total hypocrite, considering how I previously felt about this drink ("What a waste!!). I'm sorry Diet Coke. Please forgive me.
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire (and not just barely, but disgustingly):
- Quit my current job – Don't get me wrong. I really like my current job, but I can think of better things to do with my time.
- Buy a house. Renting is only so much fun, and Maria would love to own a home.
- Take my girls on another vacation, preferably to Europe.
- Buy a new computer. It always seems like I could use a new one/two/three of those.
- Share the wealth.
Five of my many bad habits:
- I pop my joints/knuckles - fingers, knees, back, neck, ankles, feet, toes, wrists - if I can figure out how to pop it, I'll keep doing it (my latest addition was the wrists, my right one more than the left)
- I hardly ever wash my car - once a year is my average
- I have crappy patience, as if this blog weren't evidence of that.
- I don't like to tell people “no”. The overcommitment makes other areas suffer. :(
- I pick and drive. You do it too, I've seen so many of you out there. You think nobody is looking, but you also know that's not true.
Five things I like doing:
- Spending time with my girls—Holding Becky, playing with Cecilia, doing most anything with Maria.
- Goofing around on the computer – I probably do this too much as-is, but I like it.
- Being around family. Not too much at once though, I get worn out.
- Reading books (or even listening to them). Again, another amazing full circle thing here. Lots of wasted time earlier in my life for books I wasn't reading.
- Cooking, then enjoying the end results… just don't make me do the dishes
Five things I will never wear again:
- A speedo – sorry ladies, I just don't see it happening
- More than one pair of shoe laces per shoe… especially not different colored ones
- My Hostess Ding Dong shirt – I gave it to Cecilia as a night shirt, plus it doesn't fit me anymore.
- Lakers paraphernalia. Despite my father's actions to raise me otherwise, I'm a member of the holy faith of the Spurs. Go Spurs!
- My lunch — here's to hoping for being sure-footed and/or having the intestinal fortitude to keep myself clean
Five of my favorite toys:
- Our Camera (Nikon D50) - it takes great photos and really helps capture the moment
- Nintendo Wii - holy crap, this thing is awesome
- My MacBook - it's not the nicest Mac out there, but once you go Mac, you never go back
- iPod - not the newest, but highly addictive. Once I got my first one (4 gig, 1st generation clunker) I knew I was a lost cause
Five songs to which I know all the words:
- Cake - Alpha Beta Parking Lot – Always been a Cake fan. You might remember that they even made it on my soundtrack.
- The Beatles - Blackbird – One of the very very few songs I can semi-play on the guitar. (I also like Sarah McLachlan's rendition from I Am Sam)
- Nicho Hinojosa - Asi Son Ellas – great lyrics… it sometimes helps to speak Spanish.
- Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes – Fitting for this list, since Shelby was the first to introduce me to Jack
- Alison Krauss & Union Station - Restless – I can't seem to get enough of these guys (and girl)
Five things I'd like for my next birthday: (only a couple weeks away!)
- (Book) Michael Lopp - Managing Humans
- Apple iPhone - I admit it, finally… I want one.
- A College Degree – I'm so close. Just a little more.
- (Book) A Lifetime of Secrets: A PostSecret Book
- (T-Shirt) Refrigerator Running – too bad it's sold out.
Five people who are officially challenged to do this same thing in their own way: (though 3 of them are fairly/highly unlikely to actually respond to me). If you do respond, let me know and I'll update the links here to those posts.
Tag(s): blogging lists