2006.11.01 You Really Shouldn't Go Trick-or-Treating If…
- You can't say “Trick or Treat” - This goes mainly for infants and toddlers. *
- You can't move yourself from door to door - Again for the young 'uns. Not walking yet? Ixnay. Besides your parents are going to eat it all anyway, and they're probably overweight as it is. *
- You're old enough to wear deodorant (I was given my first stick in gym class in 7th grade) - I've heard a variety of time guidelines about this. I might be able to adjust this one to 8th grade as the last year.
- You didn't dress up - I can understand it being cold and you wearing a coat on the outside/inside of your costume. But if you're just in jeans and a shirt like every other day? Scat.
- You're on a cell phone while at a door - Don't have the time for me to give you some free candy? Funny, because neither do I.
- You're just going to complain about the weather - A small price to pay for pounds of free candy.
*Pardonable if you're handicapped in some fashion
Many thanks to all of the trick-or-treaters who came to my home this year (and for the past 3 years for that matter) - 0